I am entering my first challenge. It is at Flaunt It Fridays. The directions are:
For this week's challenge we are flaunting the Hello Kitty
Greetings cartridge and the cut is the Hello Kitty with
Airplane on Page 65 of the handbook. If you do not own
HKG feel free to use any cart with a similar cut to make
yourself a "Faux" Hello Kitty and Airplane.
Well, I don't have the Hello Kitty Greetings cartridge, so I had to make a "Faux" Hello Kitty. So, without further ado, here is my very first challenge.....
I decided to make a Door-hanger. "Fly On In!" seemed like a cute saying to allow people to come into some little girl's room.
- Door-hanger - (Tags, Bags, Boxes and More) cut at 11.58"out of a Rice Chex cereal box and a pink striped paper someone gave me
- Cat - (Everyday Paper Dolls) cut at 3.76' out of white card-stock only using head and tail
- Airplane - (Everyday Paper Dolls) cut at 1.63" out of a scrap of a gray resume paper and black cardstock
- Thought Bubble - (Indie Art) cut at 2.88"out of white card-stock
- Fly On In! - (Cursive 101) cut at 0.9" out of a scrap of pink paper
I used my Gypsy to weld my words and hide the sentiment that was already in the thought bubble. I cut the body off my cat and only used the head and tail. I used my black ZIG Millennium pen to show detail on the cat and airplane and to trace around the thought bubble. I wish I had face stamps, but that is on my LONG "wish list". I used my small foam squares to make the airplane pop out.
I hope you enjoyed my first attempt at a challenge. Please leave a comment and let me know what you think and any helpful suggestions.