Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Graduation Cards

Sunday was Graduation Sunday at our church. My mom and I made gifts for our graduates. We made our Head Towel Wraps for the girls and laundry bags for the boys. Mom didn't think to take a picture of the gifts. I made cards to go with the gifts.


I have been trying to put this up since Sunday. I am getting really frustrated.


The girls' cards:

I didn't purchase the Stampin' Up stamp that I used on my Mother's Day and Ordination cards. I found these swirly stamps and Michaels and used one 3 times stamped in different directions to get this look. I used my I*Rock to add the bling.

The flower is a digi-stamp from Debbie Buckland. I printed the flowers off 4 times and cut out different layers. I popped up each layer. I used my Michaels' Studio G Glitter Glue on the center of the flower.
"Congratulations!" is from SP & Company's Utlimate Sentiments I set. I used my Quick Quotes Powder Puff Chalking Inks to ink the edges. If you have not tried a Powder Puff you need to. They make inking edges quick and easy. I don't get ink all over me.
Bookmarks for the girls:
I made a bookmark for the girls and put it in the cards. The sun is a digi stamp from Tiffany Doodles. I didn't use the face that came on the sun. I used a face from my very first set of Peachy Keen Stamps!!! It is the from the Everyday Character set.

The boys' cards:
It is a digi stamp from the Stamp Fairy. I printed it twice and made the top of the cap pop up. I stitched around the edge and used thread to make the tassel.The card base is round and the same size as the card. The tread is blue and does not show well with the black. The next one I make for a friend's grandson (who attended the same school) will be stitched in red and colored in blue.  
Until next time ~ VinDeeLoo

No comments: