Thursday, December 22, 2011

Yum, Yum I found a recipe similar to Old Chicago's Sicilian Pepperoni Rolls!!!!!!!

My FAVORITE thing to eat at Old Chicago is their Sicilian Pepperoni Rolls! I can't get enough of them - especially since I don't live close to one anymore. :(
I found a Copycat recipe at wegottaeat.com submitted by Stacy Clark. I am so excited and can't wait to try it.

Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
- Pizza dough (enough for 1 pizza - I've used a number of different mixes and recipes, and the only one I don't recommend is the Pillsbury kind that comes in a tube)
- 1 package pepperoni
- 1 cup shredded mozz cheese
- 1 cup (or a few slices) Pepper Jack cheese
- 6 green onions, sliced
- Caesar or Ranch salad dressing (this seems to be the "magic" ingredient - the tangier the dressing the better!)

Directions:
Mix the dough according to the directions, roll it out into a thin rectangle and slice it into 6-8" long strips. Top each strip with pepperoni, cheese, green onions, and a fairly generous amount of Caesar or Ranch dressing. Roll the strips from end to end like a cinnamon roll - whichever side ends up flatter will be used as the "bottom". Place a pepperoni on the bottom and put the roll on a greased cookie sheet or baking pan. Bake for 18-20 min at 425 (or until dough is golden brown).


Until next time ~ VinDeeLoo

No comments: