Sunday, February 27, 2011

Rest In Peace Dorothy Lewis

Wow, I just get back on and my whole world changes - especially my husband's. My mother-in-law passed away Thursday. It was pretty much unexpected. My heart just breaks for my husband. He was an only child.


Dorothy "Dotty" Lewis

  |   Visit Guest Book

VALLEY CENTER - Lewis, Dorothy "Dotty" Barbara (Finnerty) 85, passed away on Thursday, February 24, 2011. She was born in Hartford, Kansas to Joseph L. and Helen (Cosgrove) Finnerty. In July, 1971, she married Paul "PI" Lewis and to this union one son was born. The family made their home in Valley Center. Dottie worked in various bookkeeping jobs around the Wichita area and edited for the Wichita Eagle. In 1997, she retired from the Valley Center USD Food Services. She enjoyed being a wife and mother, and spending her time watching her son play soccer on weekends and vacations. She is survived by her husband, Paul Lewis; son, Vince Lewis and wife Denise of Blackwell, OK; several nieces and nephews. She is preceded in death by her parents, brother Joseph Finnerty, Jr, and sisters Margaret Chapin and Josephine McMahon. Visitation 5-7 p.m. Tuesday, March 1, at Baker Funeral Home, Valley Center. Rosary 9:30 a.m., Mass 10 a.m., Wednesday, March 2, at St. Mary's Cathedral Catholic Church, 307 E. Central, Wichita.


Read more: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/kansas/obituary.aspx?n=dorothy-lewis-dotty&pid=148887627&fhid=4889#ixzz1FBHYuRMs




3 comments:

Lisa Norris said...

I'm so sorry for you and your husband's loss. I just can't imagine. You guys are in my thoughts!

Lisa
prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

Jenifer said...

I am so sorry for your loss! My mother died unexpectedly just a month ago, and it is the hardest thing I have ever experienced. I will be praying for Vince and you, and your family.

Jen

THEBUZYBUG said...

Our prayers are with you and your husband!