Monday, February 4, 2013

A Couple More New Cards!

During my Hobby Lobby shopping trip Friday I found some cute fish stamps. Why I fell in love with them is beyond me. I don't fish, I don't eat fish, I just am not a fishy person. These stamps were the cutest thing though, so I got them. With them, I made this cute card.
I used my Copics markers to color the fish. I searched for a cute sentiment and found this one at Tiddly Inks. I don't remember which Cricut cartridge I found the heart on. Again this is made from my scraps container. The blue background is embossed with Cuttlebug Spots & Dots folder.

On Pinterest I saw a card I fell in love with and used it as my inspiration. This card was my inspiration. This is my take on it.
The background paper is Texture Brown from Paper Studio. The gifts are Fall Vertical Stripes from Paper Studio.  I used a brown cardstock as my base. I used some paper called Brown Paper Bag for the inside of the card and for the shadow of the bows. My gifts are 2 inch squares with the shadow just a bit bigger. I just used a scrap for that. I also used some brown paper to make the "+" on the gifts. The bows were cut from, I believe, Home Decor. They are 1.5 inches and come already with the shadow. I used a cream cardstock for the bows and then mixed my Recollections Pumpkin glitter with some glue and painted them. After they dried, I used Studio Glitter Glue from the dollar bin at Michael's. It is a bronzey color.

I also did some etching on glass blocks over the weekend, but I can't show those yet. They are gifts.

Until next time ~ VinDeeLoo

No comments: